How to remove climate control panel on Volvo S60, S80, V70, XC70
October 17, 2015 by:
Follow this tutorial to remove the climate control unit in your Volvo S80 (1998 – 2006), Volvo S60 (2000 – 2005), V70 and XC70 (2000 – 2005).
1. Turn ignition off and remove the key.
2. If your car is a S60, V70 or XC70, remove the pen holder panel pushing it with a weatherstrip tool, as pictured.
3. Change the gear selector to the rear most position.
4. Remove the panel around the gear selector. If you have manual gearbox you can pull it out as pictured. If it is automatic gearbox you will have to pry it off at the back using a weatherstrip tool.
5. Rotate the panel around the gear selector 90º so you can access the screws on the lower edge of the climate control unit.
6. Remove the two screws holding the climate control unit.
7. Remove the climate control unit. It is very scured in place, a little bit of force is required to pull it out. It’s easier if you angle it outwards from the bottom so that it is possible to insert your fingers between the centre console and the dashboard as pictured
8. Unplug the three connectors on the back, 2 green ones on the middle and the small one of the 12v socket.
9. and you’re done… you have removed the climate control unit.
To install, follow the steps in reverse order.
The instructions in this tutorial will work in the following model years:
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Volvo S60
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Volvo V70
2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Volvo XC70
1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Volvo S80