How To Service Light Reset in Volvo V40 and V40 CC Cross Country (2012 on)
May 27, 2014 by:
For reset the service light indicator in your Volvo V40, V40 CC Cross Country or V40 R-Design, follow the instructions:
During the whole process the key must be in its slot, tlhe engine can not start and you must keep your foot out of the brake pedal.
- Step 1. Put the ignition switch into position I (to do that, press the start engine button one time. The engine can not start);
- Step 2. Press and hold in trip odometer reset button;
- Step 3. Press and hold the “OK” button on the left side steering wheel stalk;
- Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to position II (press the start engine button again, until lights turns on in the cluster);
- Step 5. Wait for 10 seconds, with the trip odometer reset button and the “OK” button still pressed;
- Step 6. Release the trip odometer reset button when the information lamp starts to flash;
- Step 7. Set the ignition to the OFF position (press the start engine button one time) and wait for at least 3 minutes before turning the car on again.
The instrument beeps when resetting service reminder light indicator has been successful.
And that’s it, your service light indicator should be off.
The instructions in this tutorial will work in the following model years:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Volvo V40.