Servicing Volvo V50, S40, C30, C70 1.6D 2.0D Scheduled Plan (2004 to 2013)
May 29, 2014 by:
All you need to know to service your Volvo S40, V50, C30 or C70 with the 1.6d and 2.0d engines, according to the Official Volvo Scheduled Service Plan / Servicing Plan / Maintenance Plan.
This guide will help you trough this process, for the 1.6D and 2.0D diesel engines made between 2004 and 2013 with engine codes beginning in D4164T, D4204T.
All the information in this article is in accordance with the Servicing Schedule Plan specified by Volvo.
Every one year or 20.000 kms / 12.500 miles, you should:
1. Change engine oil and oil filter
2. Parking brake: Check and adjust if needed
3. Check tire pressure
4. Check brake pads and brake discs wear (minimum thickness of front brake pads: 3 mm/0,12″. minimum thickness of rear brake pads: 2 mm/0,8″).
5. Exterior lights: Check all lights and replace if needed
6. Drain the fuel filter
7. Check brake/clutch oil fluid level
8. Check power steering oil level
9. Check windscreen / windshield washer fluid level
10. Check and adjust the antifreeze/corrosion protection Egnine coolant
11. Replace the Air cleaner (ACL) passenger compartment air filter
12. Reset the service reminder indicator to zero.
Additionally evey two years, you should:
1. Replace the brakes oil fluid
Additionally every three years or 60.000 kms / 37.500 miles, you should:
1. Drive shafts, check for play and check rubber bellows for leakages
2. Brake lines, fuel lines and fuel filter, check for leakage and damage
3. Front suspension and steering system – check for wear, play and leakages
4. Rear wheel suspension – check for wear, play and leakages
5. If your car as the DPF – Diesel Particulate Filter, top up the additive fluid
6. Replace the engine Air filter
7. Replace the diesel fuel filter
Additionally every six years or 120.000 kms / 75.000 miles, you should:
1. Replace the DPF – Diesel Particulate Filter, if car have it
Additionally every ten years or 240.000 kms / 150.000 miles
1. Replace the engine auxiliaries belts
2. Replace the timming belt, tensioners and pulleys
This maintenance plan is suitable for the following model years:
– 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo V50 1.6D and V50 2.0D
– 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo S40 1.6D and s40 2.0D
– 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo C30 1.6D and C30 2.0d
– 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo C70 2.0 D