Servicing Volvo S60, V60, XC60, S80, V70, XC70, S90, V90, XC90, V40 with D2, D3, D4 and D5 – 2.0 Diesel Drive-E Engines – Scheduled Plan (2013 – on)
March 1, 2016 by:
All you need to know to service your Volvo S60, V60, XC60, S80, V70, XC70, V40, S90, V90, XC90 and Cross Country versions, with the D2, D3, D4 and D5 Drive-E 4 cylinder Diesel engines, according to the Official Volvo Scheduled Service Plan / Servicing Plan / Maintenance Plan.
This guide is for the 4 cylinder Volvo Drive-E diesel engines ONLY made after year 2013 (cars model year 2014) with engine codes beginning in D4204T (D4204T5, D4204T14, etc…).
If your car is an older 5 cylinder engine (engine code starting by D52) or older Ford 4 cylinder Diesel engine (engine code starting by D416 or D4204Tx, with x lower than 5), check our Volvo Maintenance Plans List for the correct plan.
All the information in this article is in accordance with the Servicing Schedule Plan specified by Volvo. Nevertheless, you should allways confirm with your car owners manual before any servicing.
Every one year or 30.000 kms / 18.000 miles schedule service interval:
1. Change engine oil and oil filter
2. Parking brake: Check and adjust if needed
3. Check tire pressure and check tires for damage
4. Check brake pads and brake discs wear (minimum thickness of front brake pads: 3 mm/0,12″. minimum thickness of rear brake pads: 2 mm/0,8″)
5. Check the Engine for oil and water leaks
6. Gearbox, power train, drive shafts – check for oil leaks and play – In event of leakage from the gearbox, check the gearbox oil level
7. Fluid levels on engine compartment – check and adjust brake oil fluid level, power steering fluid level, windscreen washer fluid level, engine antifreeze / coolant level
8. Exterior lights: Check all lights and replace if needed. Align headlamps. Check horn.
9. Replace the passenger compartment ventilation filter
10. Drain condensation from the fuel filter
11. Check windscreen / windshield washer fluid level and wipers condition.
12. If the car have Automatic transmission/gearbox, check if the park / neutral position (PNP) switch is ok
13. Battery – check the pole pieces, electrolyte level and battery mounting
14. Lubricate the hinges of the doors, hood and detachable tow bar (if present)
15. Check seats belts function and signs of wear
16. If vehicle with camera for collision warning, clean the inside of the windscreen in front of the camera lens
17. Reset the service reminder indicator to zero.
Additionally every two years or 60.000 kms / 36.000 miles schedule service interval:
1. If the car have Automatic gearbox (AW55-50), replace the automatic transmission oil.
2. Replace the diesel fuel filter.
3. Check drive shafts for play and rubber damage.
4. Brake lines, fuel lines – check for leakage of brake oil / fuel, and damage on the lines.
5. Front suspension, Rear suspension and steering system – check for signs of wear.
6. Replace the engine Air filter cleaner (ACL) and clean the engine air filter housing
7. Replace the Brake Oil fluid
Additionally every ten years or 240.000 kms / 144.000 miles, schedule service interval:
1. Replace auxiliary belt, belt tensioner and idle pulleys
2. Replace Timming Timing belt, belt tensioner and idler pulleys
This maintenance plan is suitable for the following model years:
– Volvo S60, V60, XC60 D4 181 hp D4204T5, made / sold in 2014, 2015
– Volvo S80, V70, XC70 D4 181 hp D4204T5, made / sold in 2014, 2015, 2016
– Volvo V40, V40 CC, S60, V60, V70 D2 120 hp D4204T8, made / sold in 2016
– Volvo S60, V60, V70 D2 Auto 120 hp D4204T20, made / sold in 2016
– Volvo V40, V40 CC, S60, V60, V70 D3 150 hp D4204T9, made / sold in 2016
– Volvo V60 CC, XC60 D3 150 hp D4204T4, made / sold in 2016
– Volvo V40, V40 CC D4 190 hp D4204T14, made / sold in 2015, 2016
– Volvo S60, S60 CC, V60, V60 CC, XC60, XC90 D4 190 hp D4204T14, made / sold in 2016, 2017
– Volvo XC90 D4 AWD 190 hp D4204T6, made / sold in 2016, 2017
– Volvo S60, V60, XC90 D5, 225 hp D4204T11, made / sold in 2016, 2017