How To Service Light Reset in Volvo S80, V70, XC70 (2006 on)
May 22, 2014 by:
For reset the service light indicator, or “Book time for maintenance” message, in your Volvo S80 / V70 / XC70, follow the instructions:
During the whole process the key must be in its slot, tlhe engine can not start and you must keep your foot out of the brake pedal.
- Step 1. Put the ignition switch into position I (press the start engine button one time. The engine can not start);
- Step 2. Set the odometer trip to T2;
- Step 3. Press and hold the trip odometer reset button (T1/T2 button in the cluster);
- Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to position II (press the start engine button again, until lights turns on in the cluster);
- Step 5. Wait for 10 seconds, with the trip odometer reset button still pressed;
- Step 6. Release the trip odometer reset button when the information lamp starts to flash.
The instrument beeps when resetting service reminder light indicator has been successful.
And that’s it, your service light indicator should be off.
The instructions in this tutorial will work in the following model years:
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo V70;
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo XC70;
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Volvo S80