How To Service Light Reset in Volvo 850 (1991 – 1995)
July 17, 2013 by:
For reset the oil service light indicator in your Volvo 850, is very simple.
- Step 1: Remove the top to diagnostic connector “A”.
- Step 2: With the top off remove the jumper and insert it into the socket labeled Number 7.
- Step 3: With the jumper in place you will begin to communicate with the instrument cluster. Depress the round button 4 times (about second on the depression time).
- Step 4: The red light to the left will blink once, now depress the button once, the light will blink once, depress the button 5 times, the light will blink once, depress the button once, the light will flicker.
- Step 5: The flickering is hard to see some times, but you are now finished, remove the jumper put the lid back on.
Note: These instructions will not work in 1996 model years Volvo 850’s.
And that’s it, your oil service light indicator light should be off.
The instructions in this tutorial will work in the following models / years:
– 1991,1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995 Volvo 850Google+